10) Dogtooth (2009) 7/10 – Strange, eerie, uncomfortable and outright weird.
9) Flu (2013) (“Gamgi” Original title) 7/10 – Took a while to get into it, but eventually came into its own. A love story set among a tickly cough epidemic that will […]
8) The Secret In Their Eyes (2009) [El secreto de sus ojos (Original title] 9/10 – Great storyline, incredible performances. Easy to see why this won an Oscar.
7) Lone Survivor (2013) 8/10 – Intense war film. Epic music by Explosions in the Sky. Bloody, fast paced and action packed – A true story. A must see.
6) Bad Grandpa (2013) 6/10 – The great thing about Jackass is the variety of shit they pull. This was the same gag over and over and over. When it was […]
5) Rush (2013) 9/10 – Brilliant film. Excellent performances all round. Knowing nothing about it going into it made it all the more exciting.
4) Fish Tank (2009) 7/10 – Gritty British drama. Hard to believe Katie Jarvis had never acted before. Uneasy watching at times. Highly recommended.
3) American Hustle (2013) 7/10 – Not sure why its classified as a comedy, or why its getting as much praise as it is getting. Comes across as quite a smug […]
2) Prisoners (2013) 9/10 – Fantastic film. Complex and enthralling plot, if not slightly unbelievable towards the end.
1) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013) 8/10 – Quite drawn out with no real build to the climax. Nevertheless, great film and convincing performance by Elba.