14) Red, White & Blue (2010) 5/10 – Someone online dubbed this as “Dead Mans Shoes 2”, not literally of course, but follows a similar storyline. It does not deserve to […]
13) Sherrybaby (2006) 7/10 – Interesting and believable performance by Maggie Gyllenhaal as she plays an ex-addict struggling to integrate back into society. She has a little help from Danny Trejo […]
12) Buena Vista Social Club (1999) 7/10 – A group of musically talented old people brought together by an American who just wanted to hear good ol’ Cuban folk music. […]
11) Wake In Fright (1973) 8/10 – Described by my Australian mate as “The best film about Australia, made by non-Australians”. It’s a sweeping statement, as I haven’t seen all films about […]
10) Dogtooth (2009) 7/10 – Strange, eerie, uncomfortable and outright weird.
9) Flu (2013) (“Gamgi” Original title) 7/10 – Took a while to get into it, but eventually came into its own. A love story set among a tickly cough epidemic that will […]
8) The Secret In Their Eyes (2009) [El secreto de sus ojos (Original title] 9/10 – Great storyline, incredible performances. Easy to see why this won an Oscar.
7) Lone Survivor (2013) 8/10 – Intense war film. Epic music by Explosions in the Sky. Bloody, fast paced and action packed – A true story. A must see.
6) Bad Grandpa (2013) 6/10 – The great thing about Jackass is the variety of shit they pull. This was the same gag over and over and over. When it was […]
5) Rush (2013) 9/10 – Brilliant film. Excellent performances all round. Knowing nothing about it going into it made it all the more exciting.