42) Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (2008) A filmmaker decides to memorialize a murdered friend when his friend’s ex-girlfriend announces she is expecting his son. 9/10 […]
40) Short Term 12 (2013) A 20-something supervising staff member of a residential treatment facility navigates the troubled waters of that world alongside her co-worker and longtime boyfriend. 9/10 – Very […]
28) There Will Be Blood (2007) A story of family, religion, hatred, oil and madness, focusing on a turn-of-the-century prospector in the early days of the business 9/10 – Fantastic […]
8) The Secret In Their Eyes (2009) [El secreto de sus ojos (Original title] 9/10 – Great storyline, incredible performances. Easy to see why this won an Oscar.
5) Rush (2013) 9/10 – Brilliant film. Excellent performances all round. Knowing nothing about it going into it made it all the more exciting.
2) Prisoners (2013) 9/10 – Fantastic film. Complex and enthralling plot, if not slightly unbelievable towards the end.