24) A Band Called Death (2012) 8/10 – Interesting documentary about the emerging popularity of a 1970s Punk band some 35 years after they disbanded. Good for fans of Punk, good […]
22) Captain Phillips (2013) 8/10 – Best Nautical themed film this year… That being said, I haven’t seen Hijacking yet. I do think there must have been some artistic licence taken […]
19) All Is Lost (2013) 8/10 – Powerful performance by Robert Redford. He is the only person in the entire film, and utters only a few sentences throughout. He is faced […]
18) The Silence (2010) [Das Letzte Schweigen] 8/10 – It’s hard to describe this one without giving too much away. Somehow this film managed to plod along at it’s own […]
17) King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (2007) 8/10 – A fantastic documentary showing the chase for the title of Donkey Kong World Champion and a shot at holding the […]
15) The Chaser (2008) 8/10 – A simple yet effective serial killer thriller. Incredible viewing. Up there along the likes of Old Boy, The Yellow Sea (Which also has a […]
11) Wake In Fright (1973) 8/10 – Described by my Australian mate as “The best film about Australia, made by non-Australians”. It’s a sweeping statement, as I haven’t seen all films about […]
7) Lone Survivor (2013) 8/10 – Intense war film. Epic music by Explosions in the Sky. Bloody, fast paced and action packed – A true story. A must see.
1) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013) 8/10 – Quite drawn out with no real build to the climax. Nevertheless, great film and convincing performance by Elba.